The BasX PT1 enables you to experience the flexibility and superb sound quality you can achieve with separate audiophile components at a surprisingly affordable price. The PT1 is a high performance stereo preamplifier, which includes a stereo FM tuner, inputs for line level analog sources, a built-in DAC with plenty of digital inputs for all of your digital audio sources, including a high-resolution asynchronous USB input and a built-in AptX HD capable Bluetooth receiver, and a high performance phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges. The PT1 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the PT1 simple to configure and operate, and the large bright blue VFD display on the front panel is easy to read, and shows you exactly what?s going on at all times. Match the PT1 with a power amplifier and a pair of speakers for a great sounding stereo system, or use the built-in active crossover to add a separate powered subwoofer to create an audiophile quality 2.1 channel system.
The new BasX PT1 builds on the legacy of our ground breaking PT-100 preamp/tuner/DAC to bring you the next step in the evolution of affordable audiophile components. The PT1 features upgraded electronics, a streamlined menu system that allows you to tune and program FM stations directly from the remote control, and a sleeker more modern design aesthetic. If you?ve been waiting to experience the flexibility and performance of separate components then now is the time.
- 2 pairs – stereo analog line level inputs (CD, Aux).
- 1 pair – stereo phono inputs (switchable; moving magnet or moving coil).
- Tuner – FM (with external antenna input; 15 station presets).
- 1 – digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k.
- 1 – digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k.
- 1 – digital USB (DAC input); 24/192k.
- 1 – Bluetooth receiver (Bluetooth 5, with AptX, AptX HD, and AAC support, antenna included).
- 1 pair – stereo full range main outputs.
- 1 pair – stereo high-pass outputs; with fixed 90 Hz Linkwitz-Riley high-pass filter.
- 1 – subwoofer output; with fixed 90 Hz Linkwitz-Riley low-pass filter.
- 1 – high performance stereo headphone output.
Analog Performance (line level)
- Maximum output level: 4 VRMS.
- Frequency response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
- THD+noise: < 0.001% (A-weighted).
- IMD: < 0.004% (SMPTE).
- S/N ratio: > 120 dB.
- Crosstalk: < 90 dB.
Analog Performance (phono)
- Frequency response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
- THD+noise: < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted); < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
- S/N ratio: > 78 dB (ref 5 mV; MM); > 58 dB (ref 0.5 mV; MC).
- Gain (ref unity gain on main outputs at 1 kHz): 44 dB (MM); 55 dB (MC).
Analog Performance (headphone)
- Power Output:
8 Ohms: 23 mW / channel.
33 Ohms: 90 mW / channel.
47 Ohms: 127 mW / channel.
150 Ohms: 145 mW / channel.
300 Ohms: 114 mW / channel.
600 Ohms: 75 mW / channel.
- Frequency response:
5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
- THD+noise: < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
- IMD: < 0.007% (SMPTE).
- S/N ratio: > 110 dB ref rated output.
- 12 VDC trigger output.
- Universal SMPS which accepts anywhere between 100 VAC and 240 VAC.
Controls And Indicators
- Power: rocker switch; rear panel.
- Standby: one front panel push.
- Two front panel pushbuttons: Input Select; menu operation.
- One front panel knob: Volume; Tuning; menu operation.
- Display: high visibility blue alphanumeric VFD display (dimmable).
- Remote Control: compact full-function infrared remote control (AAA batteries required).
- LEDs: amber Standby LED; blue illuminated legends for Input buttons and Headphone output.
17? wide x 2-5/8? high x 12-1/2? deep (unboxed; without connectors).
21? long x 7? high x 17-1/2? deep (boxed).
9 lbs (unboxed).
14 lbs (boxed).