The BasX A2 is a two channel power amplifier that delivers 160 watts / channel into 8 Ohms and 250 watts / channel into 4 Ohms, with a rated THD+N of < 0.02%, and an A-weighted S/N ratio of 112 dB. The BasX A2 features a heavy-duty linear power supply, high-quality Class A/B amplification, transparent fault protection, and a trigger input and output. The BasX A2 also offers a convenient feature that allows the amp to switch on when an audio signal is detected at its input – which is especially useful if your preamp or receiver doesn’t offer a trigger output. High quality industry standard unbalanced RCA inputs enable the BasX A2 to be used with almost any preamp or processor and audiophile grade five way speaker terminals accept banana plugs, spade lugs, or bare wire. These features combine to enable the BasX A2 to deliver true audiophile performance and sound quality at an amazingly affordable price.
The BasX A2 the ideal amplifier to serve as the foundation of a great sounding stereo system, to power the front main speakers on a surround sound system, or to upgrade the front left and right channels of your favorite surround sound receiver.
- The BasX A2 is a stereo power amplifier. The BasX A2 combines classical audiophile amplifier architecture, based on a heavy-duty linear power supply, and a carefully designed high current short signal path Class A/B output stage, with advanced microprocessor-controlled monitoring and protection circuitry, to deliver superb sound quality at a truly reasonable price.
- Power Output:
(Two Channels Driven)
160 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz ? 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms.
250 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms.
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 4 Ohm – 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / ? 0.07 dB)
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.8 dB
- THD + noise: < 0.02% (A-weighted); ref rated power
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 112 dB; ref rated power; (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 4 Ohms
(which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.2 V.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Input Impedance: 27 kOhms.
Input And Output Connections
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one each per channel.
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade 5-way binding posts.
Trigger Input: 5 ? 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby: push button.
- Status LEDs: one per channel; blue.
- Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
- Standby LED: amber.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Status LEDs switch: disables front panel Status LEDs.
- Auto On ? Source detectible auto on
- The BasX A2 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17? wide x 4? high x 15-1/2? deep (not including connectors).
21-1/2? wide x 8? high x 21? deep (boxed).
25.2 lbs (unboxed)
33 lbs (boxed)